Forehead lifts (also called brow lifts) are most commonly performed on men and women in the 40-60 year old range. However, there is no age limit to the procedure. It can also produce good results for younger adults who have inherited stress-related conditions, such as low eyebrows or furrow above the nose.
You may be a good candidate for a forehead lift if you have any of the following types of conditions:
- sagging or low position of eyebrows, creating a tired or sad appearance
- deep horizontal creases across the forehead
- frown lines, or furrows, between the eyebrows and sometimes across the top of the nose
Browlift surgery needs to be approached with extra caution if you have any of the following medical conditions:
- uncontrolled high blood pressure
- blood-clotting symptoms
- the tendency to form excessive scars
Please be sure to alert your plastic surgeon if you are affected by any of these problems.