Commonly known as a breast lift, mastopexy surgery raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a more youthful shape.
A breast lift is a great choice for women who desire to elevate the droopy (ptotic) breast. Ptotic breasts frequently occur because of:
- Weight gain or loss
Many women elect to receive breast implants (breast augmentation) at the same time as a breast lift to further enhance the size or shape of the breasts. A breast lift alone may not give you the look you ultimately desire. To learn more about how breast lift procedures work, watch this video.
A breast lift is a typically a good option if:
- You are physically healthy and maintain a stable weight
- You do not smoke
- You have realistic expectations
- You are doing the surgery for yourself, not anyone else
And, you have one or more of the following:
- You are bothered by the feeling that your breasts sag, have lost shape and volume
- Your breasts have a flatter, elongated shape or are pendulous
- When unsupported, your nipples fall below the breast crease
- Your nipples and areolas point downward
- You have stretched skin and enlarged areolas
- One breast is lower than the other